We provide a broad range of benchmarking test and evaluation facilities.
Our benchmarking reports can cover any aspect of the drivetrain whether it’s the evaluation of hardware, performance or a specific solution. Our experts have access to the Ricardo benchmarking database and can advise customers on how to develop a more competitive future product strategy.
Gearshift Quality Analysis (GSQA)
We have extensive capability in gear-shift quality development for manual and automatic transmissions with experience in market specific requirements. We are also able to supply our GSQA Kit to customers, one of the world’s ruling objective measurement systems for use in-vehicle and on-rig. The use of the kit is not limited to the automotive sector as it can also be used for commercial vehicles.
Key benefits of the Ricardo service
- Broad ranging product knowledge, engineering expertise, and benchmarking test and evaluation facilities
- Access to extensive internal Ricardo databases of benchmark information including many off-the-shelf reports on market-leading products
- Evaluation against the processes and design guidelines of Ricardo’s world-class in-house design team
- Independent of any OEM, supplier and technology
- Opportunity to discuss the report with the engineers who conducted the study and wrote the report
- Access to a complete suite of GSQA and software tools ranging from basic synchroniser design software through to complete shift system and driveline modelling, and gear shift durability test rig software