We are active in a wide range of benchmarking services that enable robust technical and commercial comparisons to be made, helping our customers develop a more competitive future product strategy.
To see a complete list of our benchmarking reports in the online store – click here
- Individual components to complete systems
- Powertrain performance & emissions
- NVH (Noise Vibration and Harshness)
Key benefits of the Ricardo service
- Broad ranging product knowledge, engineering expertise and benchmarking test and evaluation facilities for engines, drivelines, transmissions, battery systems and vehicles
- Access to extensive internal Ricardo databases of benchmark information including many off-the-shelf reports on market-leading products.
- Evaluation against the processes and design guidelines of Ricardo’s world-class in-house design team
- Technical commentary by experienced engineers
- Independent of any OEM, supplier, technology etc.
- Choose only what you want, no subscription fee
- Arrange meeting at Ricardo UK sites to view the hardware etc. and discuss the report with the engineers who conducted the study and wrote the report
- Consortium members (where applicable) can influence future benchmark priorities
Benchmarking products and services
- EconoMark: CO2 Reduction Technology Benchmarking - this service focuses on benchmarking the latest low CO2 passenger cars featuring and state-of-the-art powertrain technologies
- SONAR: NVH Benchmarking - an international automotive powertrain NVH consortium organized and led by Ricardo for over 15 years
- Design Benchmarking - comparison of product designs, in either finished or concept form, against Ricardo design guidelines and competitor products