Virtual Vehicle Certification and Remote Vehicle Testing
Ricardo has introduced the world's first virtual vehicle certification service, enabling our advanced emissions test and certification facilities to continue to offer our expert testing capability to clients across the global without the need to be present in person.
The first virtual certification of this kind took place at Ricardo's state-of-the-art VERC facility on half of a British automaker and was witnessed independently by a European agency.
How virtual vehicle certification works
The client ships the vehicle to Ricardo for testing. Depending on the test being carried out, significant elements of the process may be carried out by the witnessing body in advance to testing including a review of the facility, the adherence to test protocols and the resultant overall data pack.
During testing, a secure, live 3-way feed to our automation and data management systems at our state-of-the-art testing facilities is set up to allow both the witnessing body and our clients to view testing being carried out from a remote location. This enables the witnessing body to be able to validate quality checks, such as tyre pressure, in real-time via video feed, without the need to be present on-site.
Remote testing capabilities
Ricardo is able to offer a wide range of vehicle testing capability remotely to our clients, including:
- Virtual certification for both the complete vehicle and e-machines
- General test operations
Benefits of remote testing
- Continued access to testing facilities and capability without the need for clients and witnessing bodies to travel to the facility
- Provides greater flexibiity to the client and the witnessing body
- Saves time and resource during testing and certification process
- Flexibility for clients located in different timezones and at distance from the test facilities
Contact us today for more information about how you can benefit from our virtual certification and remote testing capability.